Are you a qualified Solicitor in England and Wales with a hands-on mentality? Are you a commercial talent who has always wanted to work in Amsterdam with an international team of lawyers? If you're looking for a position that allows for your innovation, creativity and experience, then you need to carry on reading.
In this exciting role as a Solicitor you will be responsible for the management of the UK team as well as your own caseload. You daily activities will be concerned with contacting clients, debotrs and other lawyers. You will be supported by experienced colleagues, whom you will also be responsible (in part) for training and developing.
Every day is different, you could be drafting correspondence, settlement agreements, terms and conditions or court pleadings, giving advice on UK law in an international case, reviewing contracts or even flying to attend a settlement meeting in another country!
We are very much a team here at Bierens, and we expect all of our lawyers to actively contribute to the development of the practice as a whole. You are encouraged to make full use of your commercial skills and explore new ideas. As Bierens is focused on cross-border business, we would also expect our new Solicitor to further strengthen the practice by helping to bring in UK clients with cases elsewhere in Europe.
• You will be working in a dynamic, ambitious international organisation;
• You will be working with a young and enthusiastic team (check for a first impression);
• You have the opportunity to grow through in-house courses and the Bierens Academy in Dutch (international) law;
• You will be working in the heart Amsterdam (check for an impression);
• You are entitled to 27 holidays a year based on a 40-hour work week;
• We like challenging you, therefore we appreciate creativity, initiative and new ideas;
• You will work with interesting clients from SME's to multinationals from all over Europe;
• We regularly organise fun activities for the office;
• Are a Solicitor qualified in England & Wales;
• Have at least 5 years of recent experience;
• Speak English on an idiomatic level;
• Have experience with contract law and commercial litigation/dispute resolution;
• Have excellent communication skills and you do not shy away from speaking to clients on the phone and in meetings;
• Have a hands-on mentality, ready to be part of an international informal team;
• Experience with EU / international private law, or cross-border work as 95% of your cases will be from foreign clients
• Knowledge of other European languages (especially Dutch);
• Current following of UK-based (business) clients.
Are you our Solicitor? Then please send your cover letter and CV to us by clicking the “Apply button”.
If you have any further questions?
Please call Felix Bindels (HR Advisor) via + 31 (0)20 312 1100.