Due to our expanding international clientele, we are looking for an Italian certified Lawyer (Avvocato). In your role of regular contact, you know how to create a good relationship with clients in a personable manner. The interpretation you give to your duties allows us to expand our international proposition. This concerns a post in our team of international lawyers at our office in Amsterdam. Are you a commercial talent and do you enjoy working in a position where there is room to carry out your innovative ideas? Then this vacancy is for you!
This is an exciting role as an Italian lawyer you will not only be responsible for your own caseload but will also be part of the Italian legal team. You will be in contact on a daily basis with clients, debtors and other lawyers. You will be supported by two very capable colleagues, whom you will also be responsible (in part) for training and developing.
On any day, you could be drafting correspondence, settlement agreements, terms and conditions or court pleadings, giving advice on Italian law in an international case, reviewing contracts or even flying to attend a settlement meeting in another country!
We are very much a team here at Bierens, and we expect all of our lawyers to actively contribute to the development of the practice as a whole. You are encouraged to make full use of your commercial skills and explore new ideas. As Bierens is focused on cross-border business, we would also expect our new Italian lawyer to further strengthen the practice by helping to bring in Italian clients with cases elsewhere in Europe.
• You are a qualified Italian lawyer with a current practising certificate with at least 5 years of recent experience;
• You speak Italian on an idiomatic level;
• You have experience with contract law and commercial litigation/dispute resolution;
• Your communication skills are excellent and you do not shy away from speaking to clients on the phone and in meetings;
• You are result-oriented and up for a challenge;
• You have a hands-on mentality, ready to be part of an international team;
• Experience with EU / international private law, or cross-border work as 95% of your cases will be from foreign clients
• Knowledge of other European languages (especially Dutch);
• Current following of Italian-based (business) clients.
• A varied job in a team of passionate professionals (click here for more information;
• The freedom to work independently and carry out your ideas;
• The opportunity to grow through in-house courses and the Bierens Academy in Dutch (international) law;
• A salary in line with the prevailing market and good terms of employment;
• Plenty of opportunities to develop, future career moves are an option;
• The dynamic of an international environment;
• An informal atmosphere at work;
• We regularly organize fun activities for staff;
Are you the Italian Lawyer we are looking for? Then please send your motivational letter and CV to us by clicking the “Apply button”.
Despite the COVID-19 virus we are still actively recruiting for this position. Job interviews will be performed via video.
If you have any further questions concerning this vacancy or about working at Bierens Incasso Advocaten? Please call + 31 (0)20 312 1100.